Bespoke Knitting Tours
April 2020 – Holland, Denmark, and Germany
Please contact me here if you have any questions or would like to sign up!
This amazing tour is a dream come true for me and my travel companion, Amy Armstrong. We have a small core group of travelers that we poll each year to see what new and amazing things they may want to visit. Then we customize a tour to meet those needs. I think we may have outdone ourselves this time!
Last year, we visited Christel Seyfarth on the island of Fanø, and started planning our return visit immediately! Not just one day this time! We’re going to immerse ourselves in the island culture and have plenty of time to knit and explore. We all fell in love with Fanø and wanted to spend more time there! Christel made us all feel like the most honored guests and we knew we would return.
Then, at Shetland Wool Week, we got to know Marja de Haan (of Trollenwol) and Hilly van der Sluis, the most amazing pair of knitters/designers from Holland and they stole our knitting hearts. We were very anxious to visit them and the Trollenwol shop, so this tour started taking shape around them. I wanted to see more of Holland than just Amsterdam!
For our third knitting experience, I called upon Martina Behm. I’ve been a fan and friend of hers for many years, and have wanted to barge into her small shop with a gang of intrepid knitters for a long while, so this seemed like the time to do that!
Since we were (sort of ) going to be in the neighborhood, I thought of Thomas, whom I’d met at Vogue Knitting Live in New York a few years ago. He’s the 6th generation of the family that owns/operates the Addi Needle factory in Altena, Germany. Long ago he invited me to visit, and so we thought that would be a fun side-trip for this group!
Here’s the synopsis with links for you to explore. Remember, our tours are always a cozy small group, we stay in 4-star hotels with amazing breakfasts, and all transportation (once we assemble) is included. We’ll visit:
- The Trollenwol shop in Utrecht, Holland, featuring a master class on Bohus Knitting with Marja de Haan and Hilly van der Sluis.
- The Addi Knitting Needle Factory in Altena, Germany
- The Strickmich shop in Damsdorf, Germany featuring a meet-and-greet and trunk show with Martina Behm – aka Strickmich!
- Christel Seyfarth’s Butik Knit Shop in Fanø, Denmark, featuring a master class with Christel Seyfarth.
- Copenhagen, where we’ll do some site-seeing and have free time to shop.
More information about other tours in 2020 coming soon:
- August 2020 to Shetland Islands (full)
- October Shetland Wool Week (tba)
Info about Past (or Full) Tours