2018 Tour: August 20 – September 1–Scotland
This tour is with Janine Bajus and for this year we put our heads together to come up with what we consider to be the best possible experience for knitters interested in Fair Isle knitting and Shetland Wool Click here to see the itinerary and pricing.
This tour is limited to a small group (18 knitters) plus us and our incredible driver (John Odie). This allows us to offer our own private classes and tours wherever we go. Here’s a partial list for this tour:
- Classes with Elizabeth Johnston (Shetland Lace), and Donna Smith & Terri Malcolmson (Fair Isle color + knitting belts)
- Visits to Jamiesons of Shetland mill, Uradale Farm, Burra Bears, Red Houss Studio, the Shetland Museum, Jameison & Smith & Oliver Henry, the Shetland Textile Museum, Shetland Gallery, GlobalYell
- Trips to other islands: Bressay, Unst, and Yell
- 12 hours of classes with Janine and me: Two-Color Knitting, Magic Ball, Two-Color Brioche, and Steeking
- Talk by designer and sweater-hoarder Ella Gordon
- Scenery galore, including Sumburgh Lighthouse, birder’s paradise, and prehistoric Jarlshof
- Free time to spend shopping in Lerwick or walking in the countryside as you prefer
- Two nights in Edinburgh, with free time to visit the sights
- Eight excellent 3-course dinners with a view of the sea—you choose from 3 appetizers, 3 main courses, and 3 desserts! We love the restaurant at the Lerwick Hotel!
More information coming soon!